Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hainan Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee


I have read about the $3 fried hokkien mee at Golden Mile Food Centre that is always so excellently fried but comes in a portion so small it can be finished in a few mouthfuls. As a food enthusiast, quality is definitely more important than quantity hence I decided to try if Hainan Fried Hokkien Mee really lives up to its reputation.


When I went to Golden Mile Food Centre last month, I had to wait for 20 minutes before I got my noodles. My first impression of Hainan fried hokkien mee is that it is the dry version without any gravy. However the flavorful noodles are impressively fried with a characteristic charred fragrance. The savory sambal chilli accentuates the remarkable taste of the noodles, making every mouthful seem really irresistable. Although the fried hokkien mee comes with only a few small prawns and slices of sotong, it is so fantastic that it can be eaten without any ingredients.

Hainan is undoubtedly one of the best fried hokkien mee in Singapore. Even though its serving is rather small, it is still worthwhile to pay $3 for.

8/10

Hainan Fried Hokkien Mee
Golden Mile Food Centre
505 Beach Road #01-34
Singapore 199583
Closed on Wednesdays

No comments:

Google