Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hjh Maimunah Nasi Padang


Another famous Nasi Padang restaurant in Singapore, Hjh Maimunah did not leave me a good impression when I went there for dinner last year. During that time I felt that the dishes had too strong a scent of Indian spices which I disliked.


When I went there again for lunch with my colleagues recently, we ordered nasi padang with sambal goreng, sayur lodeh (lontong vegetables), curry chicken and sambal kerang (cockles).


The flavorful sambal goreng is a delightful combination of long beans, fried bean curd and tempeh marvellously fried with savory sambal chilli. The sayur lodeh with its coconut-scented gravy complement the plain rice very well. The curry chicken is extremely tender and tasty.


I loved the sambal kerang most as the cockles were irresistably sweet and juicy.


For an air-conditioned restaurant with a comfortable ambience, I must admit that the dishes are very reasonably priced. We paid around $15 inclusive of drinks. If you are a fan of nasi padang, do come down to Hjh Maimunah and experience it for yourself today.

7.5/10

Hjh Maimunah Nasi Padang
20 Joo Chiat Road
#01-02 S427357
Opening hours: 8am-10pm
Closed on Mondays

No comments:

Google